We care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement will inform you how we handle your personal data, your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Please read this privacy statement carefully before using our Services.
- Who are we?
- What data do we collect about you?
- Why do we process your personal information?
- How will we inform you about changes in our privacy statement?
- Who do we share your data with?
- Where do we store your data and for how long?
- Technical and organizational measures and processing security
- Links to third-party websites
This privacy statement applies to your use of any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, mobile apps, mobile sites or other online platform or applications offered to you by us (collectively the OlabX platfomr).
1. Who are we?
OLabX (www.olax.com) is a service platform owned and launched by The Science Tools Inc., based at New Delhi - 110003 (INDIA) , a company incorporated and registered in India, is the data controller for the personal data collected through this Platform.
2. What data do we collect about you?
2.1 Data provided through direct interactions, registration and other account information when you register to use our Services, we may collect the following information about you:
- If you register using your email address: first name, last name,mobile number(optional) and email address;
- If you register using your mobile number we collect your mobile number. (Option will be available in future)
Validation of your OLabX account
We validate the accounts of OLabX users by using email verification to ensure that each account is associated with a real and unique user. This validation process is initiated once you proceed with once your sign up using your email address. In order to validate your OLabX account before posting your listing, we will send you a link on the valid email address provided by you. This process is entirely free of charge.
If you do not agree to validate your account, then your account will remain inactive and you won’t be able to use our services.
Once you have validated your OLabX account, it will remain associated with the email address used for the verification. If you wish to change the email address associated with your OLabX account, you will need to create a new account with the email address or contact Customer Support.
Communication through the chat feature on our Platform
When you use our peer to peer chat feature to communicate with other users, we collect information that you choose to provide to other users through this feature.
Taking part in our user surveys
We will occasionally provide you with our user surveys in order to measure your overall satisfaction with the quality of our Services. For this purpose, you may choose to provide us with your contact details such as your email and your mobile number upon our request to contact you and invite you to attend one of our user experience surveys. Please be aware that the information you give us in relation to our survey questions may occasionally contain personal data as voluntarily provided by you in your answers.
2.2 Data we collect automatically when you use our Services - When you interact with our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
We may collect device-specific information such as operating system version, unique identifiers. For example, the name of the mobile network that you are using. We associate the device identifiers with your OLabX account.
Depending on your device permissions, if you post an item on our platform, we automatically collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers etc as and when feasible. Your location data allows you to see user items near you and helps you in posting items within your location.
Client and Log data
Technical details, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, time zone and operating system. We will also store your login information (registration date, date of last password change, date of the last successful login, bidding data), type and version of your browser etc.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
3. Why do we process your personal information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests to improve our services and to provide you a safe and secure platform.
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In certain circumstances, we may also process your personal data based on your consent. If we do this, we will let you know the purpose and the category of personal data to be processed at the time we seek your consent.
We have set out below a description of the reasons for which we use your personal data.
3.1 For providing access and delivering services through our website.
1. If you log in using your mobile number or email id, we use your first name and last name, mobile number and/or e-mail address to identify you as a user and provide access to our platform.
2. We use third party payment service providers to process any payment you make to our services. Depending on the method of payment, you may be requested to provide us with your payment and credit card details which we will then provide to the payment service provider in order to process your payment. We do not store your credit card information unless you choose the option to save such information in order to make recurring payments easier without having to re-enter your details each time. In such cases, we only store your cardholder name, the card expiry date, your card type and the last four digits of the card number. We do not store any credit card code verification values and merely forward such values and your credit card number in an encrypted manner for the purpose of processing your payment by our payment service provider.
We process the above information for the adequate performance of our contract with you.
3.2 For improving your experience on the platform and developing new functionalities of the website.
1. With the help of your account information, which includes your email ID and / or phone number, we map the different devices (such as desktop, mobile, tablets) used by you to access our Platform. This allows us to associate your activity on our website / platform across devices and helps us in providing you a seamless experience no matter which device you use.
3.3 To take your feedback, promote and offer you services that may be of your interest
1. We use your mobile number, log data and unique device identifiers to administer and protect our Platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, fraud prevention, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
2. We access and analyze your peer to peer chat messages with other users conducted through the chat function on our services for customer satisfaction, safety and for fraud prevention purposes (e.g. to block spam or abusive messages that may have been sent to you by other users). During the analysis and observation, we are de-identifying chat content as much as possible by anonymizing the unique identification values assigned to users. However, there may still be cases beyond our control in which the chat content may show certain personal data that you have chosen to provide. Only in limited cases and circumstances, our customer safety and security specialists review chat content manually, for example, if we have strong indications leading to the urgent suspicion of fraudulent activities. In these circumstances, highly restrictive access rights apply to selected customer safety and security specialists analyzing the chat content.
3. To prevent and detect fraud on our services, we may come to know or being reported and if found fraudulent user behavior based on certain information such as user activity and posted content, which may lead to us banning certain user accounts. Human review takes place by selecting customer safety and security specialists on the basis of highly restrictive access rights. We use this form of decision-making on the basis of our legitimate interest to detect and prevent fraud and to keep our services safe and secure for our users. If you think that your account was wrongfully banned, you can contact our Customer Support team, in which case our team will review the decision to ban your account.
4. We collect certain information from and in relation to the electronic device from which you are accessing our Services on the basis of our legitimate interest in preventing fraud on our Services. The information we collect includes your user ID (depending on whether you are logged in), country domain, IP address, device language settings, device brand and type, device operating system and version, browser type and version, and device specific software information such as fonts, system and browser Time zone, available video and audio formats. The device related information is used to determine whether the same device is being used when users interact with our services. We associate such information with a user fraud score on the basis of which we may ban certain users. If you think that your account was wrongfully banned, you can contact us through our customer support helpline in which case our team will review the decision to ban your account.
3.4 To take your feedback, promote and offer you services that may be of your interest
1. We may contact you through your registered mobile number or email id in order to take feedback from you about our services.
2. We use your email address and mobile number (by SMS) to make suggestions and recommendations to you about our services that may be of interest to you.
3. If you choose to provide us with your location data, we may use your location data to measure and monitor your interaction with the third-party advertisement banners we place on our Services.
We process the above information based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you Services that may be of your interest. Specifically, you may receive certain marketing communications from us:
By any preferred means of communication if you have requested such information from us.
By email or phone, regarding similar products and services, if you already use our Services or acquired some of our products.
By phone or email, if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition; or
By phone or email if you registered for a promotion.
By phone or email, if you have provided your feedback for our Services through our Platform, social media, or any other means.
Being a registered user on our Platform, please note that if you have registered yourself on DND/DNC/NCPR services, you will still receive the above communications.
You can ask us to stop sending you such marketing communication at any time by clicking on the opt-out link in the email sent to you or by changing your notification settings in your account or by stating our calling agent that you do not wish to be contacted for the above marketing communications.
4. How will we inform you about changes in our privacy statement?
We may amend and update this privacy statement from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this privacy statement as appropriate under the circumstances and as required by applicable laws, e.g. by placing a prominent notice within our services or by sending you a message via our services or by sending you an email. If you do not agree with the way we are processing your personal data and the choices we are providing to you, you may close your account at any time by going into your account settings and select delete account.
We will communicate with you by email or SMS connection with our services / website to confirm your registration, to inform you in case your ad listing has become live / expired and other transactional messages in relation to our services. As it is imperative for us to provide you such transactional messages you may not be able to opt -out of such messages.
6. Who do we share your data with?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in section 3 above.
Corporate affiliates: We may share your data with our group companies, which are located within as well as outside India and help us in providing business operation services such as product enhancements, customer support and fraud detection mechanism.
Third Party Service Providers: We use third-partythird party service providers to help us deliver certain aspect of our services for example, cloud storage facilities, wesbite development, digital marketing and so on.
We conduct checks on our third-party service providers and require them to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Advertising and analytics providers: In order to improve our services, we will sometimes share your non-identifiable information with analytics providers that help us analyze how people are using our platform/service. We, share your information with them in non-identifiable form for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and for internal business analysis.
Law enforcement authorities, regulators and others: We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement authorities, regulators, governmental or public bodies and other relevant third parties comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy statement.
Publicly available information: When you post an item for sale using our Services, you may choose to make certain personal information visible to other OLabX users. This may include your first name, last name, your email address, your location and your contact number. Please note, any information you provide to other users can always be shared by them with others so please exercise discretion in this respect.
7. Where do we store your data and for how long?
The data we collect about you will be stored and processed in secure servers in order to provide the best possible user experience.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
8. Technical and organizational measures and processing security
All the information we receive about you are stored on secure servers and we have implemented technical and organizational measures that are suitable and necessary to protect your personal data. OLabX continually evaluates the security of its network and adequacy of its internal information security program, which is designed to (a) help secure your data against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure, (b) identify reasonably foreseeable risks to the security of the OLabX network, and (c) minimize security risks, including through risk assessment and regular testing. In addition, we ensure that all payment data are encrypted using SSL technology.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
9. Links to third-party websites
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
- Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
- OLabX does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This Privacy Polic version is version 2021-1.0